Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DADAism

Last class project was ISMs!
I was chosen for DADA which is the topic that I have been interested in. Once I got the topic dadaism, I ran into Borders to search for resources that would help me to understand better about dada.
So I've purchased a beautiful book which name as DADAISM by the auther Dietmar Elger. This book is reallly interesting because it tell me about the dada in different time periods and varied explanations according to the variety of dadaists. One of the dadaist who got my interest the most in the book was the artist John Heartfield in 19th century. Whom worked in the work process called 'Photomontage', so that, I would like to talk about what photomontage is briefly as well as the easy definition of dadaism.
Dadaism was not exclusively an artistic, literacy, musical, political, or philosophical movement. In deed, it was all of these, and at the same time the opposite: anti-artistic, provocating literacy, playfully musical, radically political, but anti-parliamentary, and sometimes simply childish. So that, many of dadaists are double talented; accordingly, they are inventive and artistic, visually techniqued, performed in. Basically, unlike all other terms of art in decades, dadaists wanted to express directly, and the works that they produced mean what they show.
Therefore, one of the most demonstrated techniques in dada, the photomontage is not only according the work itself a great importance by replacing the paints, pictures, but also redifined the artistic work process.
p.s. dada is something that artists who are in certain classic tool should learn include myself ! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am glad that you went to get more information. Indeed, Dada is a very interesting movement that really influenced some more recent art like for example the work of Barbara Kruger from the 90s. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete