Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chicago Architectural Tour


Last wednesday, beautiful shiny day our ART103 class went out for a little trip. First of all, it was AWESOME. It refreshed my mind as well as my brain(It functions now.. :-) I've been believing in this saying "once you see in real is better than looking at book hundred times." It really does. It doesn't matter how much you admire architecturing, how much you desire to be an architect, the information doesn't stay in my head when I read book. But, when I saw them in real through my sight, it absolutely setteled down in me. what really impressed me was the concept, how well they get along, I mean the different designes of buildings, coloring, reflection of the river, and the lines. everything was so beautiful. Although they looked like fighting with each other on the runway alike jealousy models, they were so greatful. It's the elegance from the passed time, and the new generation's respect. I would express as one word "harmony" It's such a beautiful harmony in different generations and the nature. So does, it gives pleased rest to us human.

2 comments:

  1. Belle,
    your blog CONFIRMS why I have my students blog. It's the coolest learning experience for all- especially me! Like a good architecture tour, I get excited by an inspirational blog, and yours is one! I LOVE the post about the closet! Yes, I believe that it is often the smaller experiences rather than the highlights that profoundly shape who we are or our vision in life. I also appreciate the rather non-commercial images of the architecture tour you posted here. They share a strong and uniform perspective and point of view. I will check back here often for more goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Gitte. I'm so happy that you like my blog :-) I'll keep it posted !

    ReplyDelete