Tuesday, September 14, 2010

STRANGER IN PARADISE


Last wednesday, Art103 class had a mini field trip to the chicago cultural center, and their was a surprising exhibition of Reverend Howard Finster. Lots of his work was hanging in one of the suites. The first thing that surprised me was that fact he used lots of words in this picture. Here I am in a tool box again, nevertheless, that was the first rule that I had learned from my art class back in my elementary school. As my goal in the U.S. is being aware of anything that can happen and reflect in my art work. means, being more creative.
secondable, the way he expressed on his work, doesn't seem so professioanl but that also can be a new skill.
There is nothing that can masure it is an art or not. that is what I learn from the previous class. Among lots of his lovely works, there were couple of them that really tempted me - Emage of Elvis at Three years old,1981 - Earth, Heaven and Hell(Portrait of Thomas and Tommy Scorlin) the pictue above is the first temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment