Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hidden Card - HoB







House OF Blues.
I and all of lucky art appreciation classmates had really great chance to visit HOB last wednesday.
Just like our teacher never tells us where we are going, I had no idea where we were going at that day.
But, since she has not disappointed us yet, I believed and just stepped into the wonderful world.
Beginning with my frst impression of the place:House of Blues, it just impressed me so much with the fact that how many original folk art pieces they could have. I couldn't believe that one public friendly place has that many art pieces in. From very old asian art(mostly buddas), recycle art, animation, mud color, sculptures, etc. There were variety of art works from all around world from numerous artists that I can not even remember all of those names. The biggest attraction of the place to me was the VIP room, unfortunately, it is only for VIPs.
However, I have to tell how great the room was. The budda sculptures, the antique wooden shelves, the foot stool which made of animal skin, and the vintage walls that made of handmade textiles.I would call the room as a gorgeous art work. It was all about the concept of the place. A lot of times, people visit art museums to have look on arts, however, it sometime makes people bored. This place HOB would never make people to be tired to look at the different levels of art works. Each floors made me anxious about what would happen the next. Some people said it is kind of crippy, I, however, though it was excited to be blended in that mood, the darkness, clamminess, spiritualness. I guess it would not be very easy to get into the VIP room again, still, I would love to visit HOB soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment